Friday, December 11, 2009

Fingerless Gloves, Hats, and A Game of Thrones

Well my knitting is cursed. I keep zoning out and voilĂ ! I've lost my place in the pattern. And of course I wasn't smart enough to put a safety line in...because it was 'just simple handwarmers.' Arggh. At least it was gloves for myself and not a gift for this xmas.

I 'm also making a hat for my other half's mother, got half-way done and realized that the color of the yarn was totally inappropriate. She wears lots of cheerful colors and pastels. I was knitting in charcoal gray wool. So, it's back to the yarn store this weekend to see if a more cheerful pale blue or pink can be found.

I'm a little over 100 pages into George R. R. Martin's A Game of Thrones and I'm glad that it's now the winter holidays, else I'd be shunning homework to finish it. All the characters are fascinating, and are
really quite well fleshed out. I fear I may have to sit down and actually make a chart of who is related to who and what faction they are associated with. I can usually do a pretty good job of keeping it all straight in most books, but I don't have the time to read one this massive and complex in the single sitting that would require.

No comments:

Post a Comment